Stylianos Tsompanidis is Professor of “Ecumenical Movement: History - Theological Dialogues” in the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. He teaches and he is specialized in ecumenical ecclesiology and ecumenical social ethics. He studied theology at the Universities of Thessaloniki and Heidelberg/Germany. In 1996 he was awarded a PhD from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Faculty of Theology for his Thesis (topic): “Liturgy after the Liturgy. The contribution of the Orthodox Church and Theology in the common witness of Christians for justice, peace and the integrity of creation”. From 1998 to 2004 he has been working as a professor of religion in secondary education. He has participated in various conferences regarding ecumenical theological concern and ecumenical social thought and action. As a member of the delegation of the Orthodox Church of Greece, he participated at the World Council of Churches 10th General Assembly (2013) in Busan, South Korea. The following monographs are included among his main publications:
· Orthodoxie und Ökumene: Gemeinsam auf dem Weg zu Gerechtigkeit, Frieden und Bewahrung der Schöpfung. Mit einem Vorwort von Ulrich Duchrow, (Münster,1999).
· The Vatican Declaration „Dominus Iesus“ and its ecumenical significance. From the ecumenical openness to the ecclesiological exclusivity of the Roman Catholic Church, (in Greek), Pournaras, Thessaloniki 2003.
· The Contribution of the Orthodox Church and Theology to the Ecumenical Movement. With Foreword of Alexandros K. Papaderos, (in Greek), Pournaras, Thessaloniki 2008.
· Ecclesiology and Globalization. The Ecumenical Process for an Alternative Globalization Addressing Peoples and Earth, (in Greek),Pournaras, Thessaloniki 2008.
· Meta-liturgy [in Greek], Pournaras, Thessaloniki 2009.
· Church and Churches. The position of the other Christian Churches in the orthodox ecclesiological self-understanding within the framework of the ecumenical dialogue [in Greek], Armos, Athens 2013.
· “For the whole world”: Studies on the Ecumenical Movement and the purpose of the Church in today’s World [in Greek], Ostracon, Thessaloniki 2014.
· Ecumenical Portraits. Ecclesiological and socio-ethical approaches [in Greek], Ostracon, Thessaloniki 2018.
· The ecclesiological challenge after the Holy and the Great Council of the Orthodox Church [in Greek], Thessaloniki, Ostracon, 2018.
Office hours: Tuesday 11:00 to 13:00 & Thursday 9:00 to 10:30 - Office 301, 3rd floor.