Faculty of Theology
The foundation of the Faculty of Theology in Thessaloniki was included in the global plan for the establishment of the University of Thessaloniki after the liberation of the city in 1912. The plan, however, was later realized because of the military events that followed. The Government of Alexandros Papanastasiou with Law of 1925 established the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, which started functioning the following year. Five faculties were announced: Theology, Philosophy, Law, Medicine and Physics. Theology and Medicine were established in 1941 while in 1982 (Law 1268/82) the School of Theology recognized as an autonomous with its own administrative and educational organization. Its history however is interwoven with the history and the development of the Theological Faculty of Aristotle University.